Summer Internship 2020
Looking to have a meaningful summer? Complete an internship at ABA Interventions!
The internship is a 9-week, full (and part time available) position running from May 28 – July 31, 2020 (July 2-3 off). Interns must be able to commit to work for the entire duration of the summer. Training will be provided on the basics of applied behavior analysis, AAC, behavior management, instructing in individual and group settings, and teaching children with unique needs!
Interns have the opportunity to assist with trainings, social skills groups, outings, special events, and individual and group therapy.
The internship is a 40 hour/week position. Interns must be available for the entire duration of the internship. ABA Interventions is willing to work with you and your professor to tailor an internship that meets your academic and practicum needs. We can be flexible with internship hours, allowing you to work around your class schedule.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Having fun and assisting learners to have the best summer break possible! Help learners have their best day, every day!
- Assisting learners with language and communication goals.
- Implementing treatment goals in individual, group, and community
- Assisting with activity development
- Planning and leading activities and small groups
- Maintaining a safe environment for clients
- Follow treatment and behavior plans written by behavior analysts
Pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Applied Behavior Analysis, Psychology, Speech Pathology, Child and Family Studies, Social Work, Special Education, or related discipline.
Must be at minimum entering junior year of undergrad
Experience working with children with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities and leadership experience strongly preferred
Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline to apply is March 9th, 2020.